For over 20 years, Love-A-Child Missions has been providing women and children with services they need to ease and end their crisis of homelessness and substance abuse.
Today we are the largest recovery shelter in Contra Costa County, serving over 400 women and children annually.
Our strategy focuses on healing the whole person by providing emergency housing, nutrition, clothing, recovery services (from substance abuse and battery), parent education classes and counseling with daily personal growth classes.We work to resolve the issues that have caused homelessness through providing stability, structure, and safety.
Love-A-Child Missions seeks to bring together the County Court System, local churches, educational institutions, and health care providers in our holistic approach for recovery.
Through this partnership with the community, our hope is to build self-sufficiency, promote healthy living and restore the confidence and dignity of all the women of Love-A-Child Missions.
Here is a summary of the services we offer:
- Emergency homeless shelter (70 beds)
- Food and clothing for shelter residents
- Emergency referral services to the homeless
- Family reunification support
- Legal/Court assistance
- Personal Growth classes and Christian counseling
- Parenting/Pregnancy education and support
- On-site children's educational assistance
- Weekly children's recreational activities
- HIV/AIDS education and on-site testing
- Mental disability assistance
- Job training and transportation to work
- On-site AA and NA meetings
- County Homeless Medical Emergency Services provided onsite.
If you have any questions about the services we provide, please feel free to contact us at (925) 458-5663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.